Sunday, October 25, 2015

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

I waited , like you should, until my period was a day late. But, I will admit, I bought a pregnancy test just in case AF didn't show the next morning. I didn't sleep very well last night, my boobs hurt, my back ached, my heart was racing, and I was SO THIRSTY. I convinced myself it was just more symptom spotting (I'm so good at symptom spotting!) I woke up at 4:45 and felt anxious and nervous. I wondered if getting up that early counted as FMU. I googled it. The consensus was yes, you could get up to pee and test that early and it counted. So, I slipped out of bed, grabbed my bag with both the test and my AF supplies, and trekked down the three flights of stairs to the bathroom. I felt slightly guilty for giving in to test, as I told my hubby I'd wait until I was home. But I just NEEDED to know

5 seconds of looking at the instructions (all in Croatian). 

5 seconds of peeing on a stick. 

One minute of waiting...  and there it was, bright as day.

A big, fat positive plus mark. 

Pregnant




AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I think my heart stopped and then I almost burst out crying. Then I pulled myself back down to earth. I know too many people who have miscarried early to celebrate yet. But this is my first time EVER with a positive test, and I am over the moon, overjoyed

I fly home tomorrow where I plan to take a digital test to confirm the blue dye one that I took this morning. I also bought a little onesie to give to my hubby when I tell him the news. A part of me thought this day would never come, and this would never happen. I would never know this joy, I would never be a mother. Now I'm just praying for a sticky bean and a healthy pregnancy, taking it one day at a time. I don't know if I was extremely lucky, the meds really worked, or this would have happened at some point. I certainly didn't 'relax' this cycle! I think we had sex 6 days in a row to be super sure we caught my fertile window. I did completely enjoy myself on my one week solo holiday, but I don't think that has any affect on this result. 

Overall, I am so glad I took the test - I can avoid wine, oysters, sushi, and all the other wonderful food here. I'm glad I got my fill of them before I tested, but so relieved to know I can start making the right choices for myself now. And I know everyone said it will be perfect timing whenever it happens, but for me it really is. I will be able to just finish out my work contract with my due date of June 30th. I've always wanted a summer baby, and it gives us enough time to save up before baby arrives. 

That's all for now, I'm going to get back to this delicious, non-alcoholic drink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment