Sunday, November 1, 2015

5 Weeks, 3 Days

Well, it's really official now, I am over 5 weeks pregnant! I have my first doctor's visit in a week and a half for which I am anxiously awaiting. I have taken two more pregnancy tests, each of them saying "pregnant" which has reassured me. My breasts hurt like WHOA pretty much all day, and the fatigue started this week so that I feel like I need a nap at about noon and then actually go to sleep at 9pm (instead of 10 or 11). 



What has surprised me the most is how incredibly anxious I am about this pregnancy. I am holding back by happiness until my first ultrasound (in December!!!) and I see that heartbeat. I know that most pregnancies are problem free, I've just know too many people who have had miscarriages to celebrate so soon. I'm trying to enjoy each day that I am pregnant and I have had a few daydreams of our future with a little bundle of joy in it. But I try to do a realty check and keep myself grounded.

I've shared the news with a few very close friends and my parents, because I know that should something happen, I will need support. Yes, I have my husband, but I need a bit wider of a network to get me through. So I reached out and shared the joyous news, and my favorite part was my parents. I bought them shirts that said,

"The best moms get promoted to grandma!" and...
"The best dads get promoted to grandpa!" ...

and had them open them on Skype with me. It was truly a moment to treasure when they realized what it meant and the screaming had stopped and they gave me a virtual hug. What made it even more wonderful was that my brother was unexpectedly there, so I got to share the news with him at the same time!

If all goes well I'll be able to tell my whole family and all my friends when I fly home for winter break, and I have plans for that reveal as well. But again, I'll be waiting until the ultrasound says it's a viable pregnancy.

So, I'll just keep going one day at a time and inch my way through this pregnancy, sending hope and good thoughts to my growing baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment