Friday, October 9, 2015

Ovulation Detected!

CD23 - 1 dpo - Clomid 100mg CD3-7

So for the past three weeks I've been very patient, drinking grapefruit juice, checking my signs, and hoping, wishing, praying I would actually ovulate this cycle. It seems even if I did ovulate last cycle on 100mg it didn't mean I would necessarily ovulate again. Plus I kinda forgot to take one of my pills and had to take a double dose the next day. Oops. 

I tried OPKs, but they were always negative. I was discouraged at times, but tried to remember that I ovulated CD22 last cycle, so it was likely to happen around a similar time (if at all) this time around. The days just c r a w l e d by.

Then today, my temperature shot up, which if you track your BBT (basal body temperature), you know is a very accurate way to know when/if you ovulate. It doesn't require blood draws or scans or anything invasive - just 30 seconds with the thermometer every morning. I love the peace of mind I get, and now that I know I've ovulated I can take a rest from constant love making.

I know what you're thinking - trying for a baby is fun! Yay! And I should just be spontaneous and enjoy myself!

But if you're TTC, you probably see it a bit differently. Timed intercourse? Being on a schedule? Sex-on-demand for nearly a week? Even after a very long and trying day at work? Yeah, it turns out it's a bit more stressful then just throwing the BC out the window and "having fun". 

But back to the ovulation - with my temperature going up 0.5C, my plethora of EWCM yesterday and none today, I would say that I've definitely ovulated. I track my temperatures using FertilityFriend, a wonderful app and computer program. It thinks I'm 3pdo already, but I think otherwise. Either way, it's only good news.

And now, there's nothing to do except sit back and wait for the next two weeks. Luckily, I am going to be very busy. We have one more week of teaching and then it's the October half-term holiday! And I'm on my way to Croatia! I'll find out in Croatia if this round was successful or not, so at least I can celebrate or drown my sorrows. Now I have to decide, do I take a pregnancy test with me? Or wait until I'm late? I'll be 16dpo when I get back from my trip, so I'll either be very suspicious or AF will have already arrived. For right now, it's celebration time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment