Saturday, November 7, 2015

6 Weeks, 2 Days

Well, surprisingly enough to me I still appear to be pregnant. I certainly have all the symptoms!

- Exhaustion: in the past few days I have been falling asleep at about 7pm and waking up at 6 for work!

- Nausea: thinking about most food makes me sick, smelling most food makes me sick too and I can't brush any further than the tip of my tongue. I'm still eating and not throwing up... yet.

- Tender breasts: OUCH. I bought a maternity bra already to help alleviate the pain in the evenings, but every time I find myself sleeping on my stomach it's like knives stabbing my nipples!

- Emotional - I cry about most things now, and I was already a crier to begin with. I'm also more road-ragey than usual, "GET BACK ON YOUR SIDE OF THE ROAD YOU @$$#0!&!!"

- Super sense of smell: I can smell everyone around me, from their morning coffee to their cigarette before they got on the bus. This has also changed how I taste things!

- Frequent need to pee (and very thirsty to replace all that water!):  I've only gotten up a few times at night so far, but I do find myself making detours to the toilet a lot more at work, which can be challenging as a teacher. 

I'm booked in for my appointment with the midwife on Tuesday this week, and then for an ultrasound next Wednesday. It's all becoming very (thankfully) real, and all I want is to see a heartbeat on the first scan to calm my fears a bit. I know there is really no "safe" point in pregnancy  until the baby is literally in your arms, but the chances of survival are so much higher after you've seen a scan with a heartbeat. Then I'll have another scan a month later, so I'll be very reassured! I am trying to enjoy every moment that I have being pregnant, as I know I am so lucky. 





No comments:

Post a Comment