Saturday, September 19, 2015

Clomid Round Two at 100 mg

Well, I promised an update so here I am. As you may have noticed from the title, I'm on my second Clomid cycle (at 100mg) but my third Clomid cycle overall. This worries me a bit, as doctors normally only allow you to try six Clomid cycles before they move on to stronger drugs. My doctor has noted that we'll move on to injectibles - and I hate needles.

By now you've deduced that my last Clomid cycle ended without any positive results. I did manage to hold off testing, but I was thoroughly disappointed when my period started. I had hoped that all the signs were pointing to pregnancy! At least now I know what my PMS signs look like, as I think this is only my second natural ovulation in a year. All I can do now is look forward to this next cycle and do everything I can to make it work. Hubby and I don't have any plans to be apart this time, so at least that timing works.

I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed, as this was my first real chance of pregnancy in 13 months, it's not much a surprise that it didn't work. Any normal couple (without any infertility issues) only has a 1 in 5 of getting pregnant in any one cycle. Who knows what other issues I have lurking around the corner? 

So today I start Clomid, and I've decided to take it at night in hopes that the side effects will be less drastic, or occurring during my sleep so I don't notice them as much. I'm trying to keep my stress levels down, although with my new job that might be quite difficult. I'm even more grateful that I accepted this job as it provides a perfect 10 months of distraction. 

Not much else to update on just now. CD 3 is both depressing and exciting - depressing because it means the last cycle was unsuccessful, but exciting because it means there is a new cycle starting. I'm hoping to ovulate earlier than CD 22, and the nurse at the Fertility Clinic was concerned by my 'long cycle' last month. At 35 days, my last cycle was the shortest cycles I've had since we started TTC (the next shortest was 41 days!), so I can't even imagine having the normal, 28 day cycle! Anything shorter than 112 days is pretty great for me - I think most women with PCOS can agree. I wonder what they'll do if this is another 'long cycle'? Add more meds? I'll do pretty much anything at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment