Thursday, June 30, 2016

40 Weeks and Waiting!

Well the big day has come and passed - my due date! I know it is really the E.D.D., or "Estimated Date of Delivery" and that babies arrive between 37 weeks and 42 weeks. I have lost count of the amount of times people have said to me, "Babies come in their own time" and "Be patient and enjoy these last few moments of peace and quiet". You can bet your buttons that those same people were cursing to get their baby out when they were overdue!

To be honest, it's not that bad yet. I'm only 2 days past my due date and I know I've got another 12 before they'll induce me. I'm just feeling quite large and uncomfortable and now getting up nearly every hour to pee in the night! Although I am loving my hot tea and long naps and quiet time, each day I get more and more excited to meet little Wriggles. I also thought June would be a great month to have a birthday - right at the end of school but all your friends are still around and the weather is great. In reality, July isn't that bad either. Quite a few people have joked that I'll have an Independence Baby, born on July 4th just to prove it's American up here in Scotland. My hubby thinks the birthday 7-7 would be great, as he would always be able to remember it. I'll take any birthday as I know it will be such a special day to meet our new addition. 

I've tried everything in the books to get labor started - curry, pineapple, nipple stimulation, sex, walking, cuddles, the list goes on. So far nothing has helped, but I know that Wriggles will come when s/he is good and ready. I just wish she'd send me a text message to let me know so I don't react to every little twinge or ache with a quick googling of, "Is ____________ a sign of early labor?" I already KNOW the signs of early labor, I think it's just me and my wishful thinking that will make it appear out of nowhere.

So now I've got 12 more days maximum and I know I should be enjoying every moment of this last bit of me time. Instead, I'm going to go out and cuddle a whole bunch of newborns as apparently, this might bring on labor!



No comments:

Post a Comment