Sunday, January 24, 2016

17 Weeks, the end of Month 4!

Time seems to be just racing by now, and I cannot believe I am at the end of month 4 of this pregnancy. At the beginning, just getting through each day felt like a triumph and every moment shuffled by at an extremely, slow, agonizing rate. 

Now suddenly someone has pushed fast-forward and I can't figure out where the time has gone. I know my job keeps me busy, and also I am less worried about our little wriggles. I definitely feel better and I'm back to almost-normal eating. 

This past week was filled with even more fruit, with each day generally including... a banana, apple, orange, kiwi, mango, nectarine, plum, strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and grapes. I also fit in vegies - carrots, celery, green beans, baby corn, tomatoes, red pepper, and broccoli. No wonder I'm having trouble squeezing in protein! I try to remember to bring hummus to school as well as a hard-boiled egg and some cheese. And finally, FINALLY, I've gained some weight (and kept it on!). I'm just at the bottom of recommended weight gain for Week 17, but at least I'm back up from the negatives. 

Because today has been so spectacularly, wonderfully calm and easy I took the time to do a collage of the first 4 months of being pregnant with Wriggles. I actually really enjoyed it! We skipped a few weeks here and there (oops!) and the colors were really difficult to balance, but overall I am very happy. I can tell such a difference between even 11 and 17 weeks - there really is a baby there now! I'll keep up with the weekly bump pictures and make the next collage after the next 9 or 10 weeks. Then I'm excited to see the end product when I have all 40ish weeks together + one with baby! I blame Pinterest for encouraging things like this.



No comments:

Post a Comment