Monday, January 11, 2016

15 Weeks and Feeling Better


I want to use this blog to help me remember this first, exciting pregnancy. But morning (all-day) sickness, travel, work, holidays, friends and family all seemed to get in the way and here I am not having posted for nearly a month! 

Take the tail-end of week 11 and the beginning of week 12 (Dec. 14-15), for example. I had to take the bus into work before our flights back to America, and I spent the whole bus ride trying desperately not to vomit. Then I got off the bus and tried to breathe deeply, willing myself to hold it all in, to think of anything but being sick. Finally, I was scouting for places to unobtrusively upchuck - I didn't find one and proceeded to projectile vomited all over the pavement and sidewalk. After cleaning myself up the best I could (in my work clothes!) I apologized to everyone around me and just kept repeating that I was pregnant. I needed them to know I wasn't hungover! Luckily I got a few sympathetic nods from people who understood those queasy first weeks. 

The day after the vomit episode I hit 12 weeks and was perfectly fine for the next three weeks. This was wonderful timing for our America trip, as it meant I could indulge in all the Mexican food possible. I had a delightful time sharing the news with my friends and family in a variety of creative ways, including my wrapped bump and a youtube video:





I didn't really do much documenting while I was visiting my family, as I was too busy seeing everyone and running around like usual. I did get to buy maternity clothes (too much fun! especially with the bump pillow!) Why didn't anyone tell me maternity stuff is so comfortable? I am never changing out of my comfy jeans again! No buttons, no problems!

Bump pillow! Can't wait to actually be like this!


Me in 3 months?
 My dear family friends were so incredible and threw me a last-minute baby shower. I felt so surrounded by love and happiness, it was a wonder I didn't sob all the way through (perhaps my emotions are a bit more in control now?) We played sweet games, chatted, ate yummy food, had delicious cake, made onesies, and laughed and talked for hours. 

 



Lovely quilt for baby!
Luckily things are still quite simple for me with a tiny bump, although I have passed into the exciting second trimester! I don't really feel more energetic, but I'm happy to be eating normal food again. I want it to both go slower (I'm loving growing a sweet baby!) to wanting it to go faster (I can't wait to meet my sweet little snuggle baby!). I've just gotten my next scan date - the anomaly scan - for February 8th so I'm really looking forward to that. Things seem to be ticking along just fine - no problems or concerns so far, and I'm just so happy to be here. I never thought I would be, and sometimes it feels like this must be a dream and it couldn't be happening to me! But here I am, rubbing my slightly protruding tummy and thinking about all the wonderful moments to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment