Saturday, June 13, 2015

First Clomid Cycle (CD3)

Today marks a new day in my TTC journey. Let's do a little recap: My last cycle was only 51 days, which is less than half of the cycle before. Technically it was a short cycle, but still - 51 days is a long time to be doing nothing. The only reason this cycle was only 51 days was that Provera worked its magic and brought on a period that would have never arrived otherwise. I have never been so overjoyed for Aunt Flo to arrive, because of everything she brings with her. 

For those of you who are interested in Provera (and I was when I was taking it!) I was prescribed two tablets a day for 7 days. The nurse said I should get my period 7-10 days after the LAST pill was taken, but that some ladies had their periods come much earlier (like 2-3 days after). Anxiously, I waited and hoped for my period to arrive early (how often does that happen when you're TTC?). Spoiler alert: It didn't! At that point I was googling nearly everything, including "What if my period doesn't come after Provera?" and "Could I be pregnant even if I took Provera and didn't have sex?" (you get the idea, right?). Turns out all this baby making sometimes makes me a bit mental. Then, 10 days after my last pill I FINALLY started spotting, and the next day my period started in full force. *Insert nervous laugh*. I don't know why I was acting so crazy, I always knew my period would come!

And that, my friends, brings us to today. Completely relieved, that is how I feel. Relieved and excited and nervous to finally, for the first time, REALLY be trying with a real chance at getting pregnant. Because today is my Cycle Day 3 (CD3) = FIRST DAY OF CLOMID!

I know Clomid might cause all kinds of crazy symptoms (headache, hot flashes, emotional swings, general craziness, etc.), but if it gets me a baby, I'm happy to take all of them. I'll come back tomorrow and see if I have been one of the unlucky ones to get the side effects. Until then, I'm enjoying a relaxing weekend with my hubby in a beautiful city and eating raw fish and drinking alcohol. Because here's hoping next month I'll be pregnant and this is my last fun hurrah! You gotta be hopeful sometime, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment