Sunday, March 20, 2016

25 Weeks, It's Getting Real

Yesterday I looked at myself in the mirror and FINALLY thought... 

I look pregnant! 



Not the kinda-most-likely-pregnant-but-maybe-just-gains-weight-around-the-middle, but actually, truly, pregnant. This is a very exciting thing for me. 

At 25 weeks, a fetus is viable should it come early. And with all the medical advances out there the survival rate isn't terrifying. Of course, I hope I make it right up to my due date, but in life anything can happen. This makes Wriggles suddenly a very real little person who will be snuggling in my arms in just a few short months.

The kicks are getting stronger now, enough so I can see them when Wriggles is kicking and I'm just looking at my tummy. My lovely husband has been able to feel some of the crazy kicks too and that is so much fun to be able to share. 

We went to a department store yesterday and made a big purchase of nearly everything we are going to need with the exception of a few things we'll be getting as gifts. This delivery won't arrive until May 28th (!!!) so I'm glad we put it in now - we'll only have 4 weeks to go at that point! We still need to order the stroller and car seat, but we already know what we want it's just a matter of clicking a few buttons. I'm starting to feel more ready and less stressed, although I'd be very happy if it was all already finished. The nesting feeing is STRONG and I just want a gorgeous nursery to sit around and think about my new little arrival. Sigh. I suppose that's not happening for two more months now!

Symptoms:
Pregnancy has still been quite easy on me, although the back pain is pretty uncomfortable by the end of the day (and sometimes starting in the middle of the day!)I've still got a bit of indigestion and heartburn, and my ravenous appetite has calmed down a bit. It's definitely more difficult for me to put on socks and shoes with this big bump in the middle of me. Sometimes I have difficulty breathing (especially when I lay down), and my joints are definitely more jiggly when I'm exercising (I've got to be careful!). Overall, I am still loving being pregnant, even if I'd sure like a mimosa (or three) on this sunny, lovely spring day. Only 15 weeks to go, I can't believe it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment