Thursday, February 18, 2016

Baby Kicks on the Outside and Bump Travel

This week has been wonderful for me, as it's my school's half-term break. I spent the first half of it in Switzerland visiting many of my old friends there for one last calm trip down memory lane. It was fun traveling with my little bump, which is finally showing enough so that others might suspect I'm pregnant too. When I look down, I think I look quite pregnant, while in the mirror I still just look a bit more round than usual. I know soon it will be unmistakable! 

 

My friends were (as usual) incredibly lovely, sweet, kind and generous. Everyone bought me dinner, treated me to spa days, and even gave me thoughtful gifts! My favorite gift is a belly chime necklace, that hangs right on the bump and makes beautiful sounds for my baby. I absolutely adore it! During the entire trip, I could feel all the love towards my tiny Wriggles, and am already getting so excited to bring my sweet baby back to Switzerland to meet everyone. 

The plane flight, I'll admit, was a bit uncomfortable - especially on the way back when I was stuck in a middle seat. I'm only a little nervous for our babymoon (to Majorca!) and my girl's weekend trip to Denmark, but both flights are tolerably short and I'm sure I'll be fine even though I'll be 7 months pregnant. 

I'm really writing today to remember this exciting moment, the day I felt the baby's kicks on the outside! They say you can start to feel them anywhere between 20-30 weeks on the outside, and I felt Wriggles just kicking away in there. I put my hand on my tummy just in case (plus it's kind of a habit now!) and there it was clear as day, little kicks! My dear husband isn't home at the moment, so it's just me getting excited about every little thing. Before I know it, everyone will be able to feel the kicks and then in 18 short weeks, baby will be here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment